BloodChild response

1. What is your reaction to the text you just read?

I thought it was a very interesting take on the relationships between humans and aliens as well as the difference between culture and the birth of creatures. I also think it’s an interesting look into toxic relations with how the aliens and humans interact as well as society and social standing with hoe aliens born from humans are viewed as better or stronger then those born from animals. 


2. What connections did you make with the story? Discuss what elements of the story with which you were able to connect?

I’m not sure if i connected with the characters on an emotional level, the concept is very foren to me, I’ve never really been pushed to have children, due to my sexuality. I think the closest I can relate to the main  character is my mother pushing me to stay with my long term partner even tho I wasn’t happy in the releastion ship,   I had to really fight both my parents and myself to end the relationship, it was probably the hardest thing I’ve done in my life but I’m so glad I did it. 

3. What changes would you make to adapt this story into another medium? What medium would you choose; what changes would you make?

I would love to see it as a graphic novel, it’s very eldritch horror like with it’s non clear description of the alien race, I’d love to see a more clear disceprition and design of the races… it would most likely have to be lengthened  and maybe the decision  of how gorey  it would need to be with the birthing scene, I’d probably undermine the gore jus tout of personal preference but I know a lot of people would disagree 


4. Are there elements of this work that you would consider afto-futurist?

I believe that the relationship between the humans and the aliens fits the category rather well ,this idea of the psychological manipulation that would have need to change human culture to allow this to be a norma would have need to be great, there is also the idea that eating the unferatal eggs would allow the humans to live longer and healthier lives was interesting. There is also this separation of gender between both the aliens and humans, like how women are not usually chosen to carry alien eggs because of their need to birth new humans , so the aliens turn to the males in our race. There is also this idea that men would be willing to let this happen which I find interesting, because I don’t think if medica would advance far enough that men could birth children that they would be willing to carry human babies let alone alien babies  that grow in the human bloodstream. 

Comments

Popular Posts